Tuesday, August 02, 2005

ABC/Disney, day one

So, the ABC/Disney scholarship! Wow! It's Tuesday, I went to the dinner Sunday night which was a terrific networking opportunity and an introduction to the program I'll be in for the next nine months. But, yesterday, the all-day seminar at ABC was awesome! It was an entire day of intensive trainings by top people who make a lot of money training writers because they do an excellent job. They were motivational, inspirational, and educational.

I also met my new mentor, Adam Myman, ABC vice president in charge of current programming. He oversees the productions of shows like ALIAS, BOSTON LEGAL, GEORGE LOPEZ and several other highly rated shows. He selected me to work with because he really liked " The Outsiders. " I have a meeting with him tomorrow Wednesday, to talk about my goals in the industry. Wow! I struggle for twenty years trying to make it as an actor or writer or something in the industry, and I put writing as my solitary focus things start to happen. There's got to be a lesson in that.

On top of that, winning the ABC/Disney Scholarship got my " Without A Trace " spec read by a mid to upper level agent. A day later, I was represented by the Montiero Rose Dravis Agency. Things are finally happening again! I'm glad there is something about me that prevents me from giving up. Something that keeps me pressing on. And that I'm blessed with an absolute belief that some day I will succeed. Could it be that day be coming closer? I've been riled up like this several times in my career and nothing's came of it. I'm doing my best not to get too caught up in what's happening but it's tough. I've been working for this for as long as I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment