Monday, January 30, 2006

BOSTON LEGAL appearance



What a difference a week makes! Last Friday afternoon I was excited about the upcoming Christopher Titus pilot I'll be appearing in and technical advising and the next thing you know I get a call from my manager of saying that I've been booked on a BOSTON LEGAL. Hooyah!

The three people in the picture besides myself, are William Shatner, Currie Graham, (Desperate Housewives, NYPD Blue) and Julie Bowen who has appeared in several other series.

Despite what you might read in the tabloids, William Shatner is a very nice man. We chatted quite a bit throughout my day of shooting and he was more than happy to pose in this picture. Another example of schlock that gets published in those rags. Years ago was quoted in National Enquirer and I never said the words they said I did. My publicist told me that as long as it wasn't harmful or slanderous then I should just let it go. When you get to his level I'm sure you need to develop a very thick skin to keep from being hurt by the things that they say.

I play a prospective juror and appeared toward the end of the episode which will air on Tuesday March 7th on ABC at 10:00 p.m.

If you are of a mind to write to them, please do, there's a good possibility that if they get letters regarding my performance the show might bring me back in a larger role. They told me on the set that they do that all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Congrats, Jim! It looks like things are really looking up. I am glad for you!
    Thanks for posting when your episode will air. And you got to work with William Shatner, too! I've always liked him. I read a book by his Star Trek co-star George Takei that didn't paint Bill in a very good light. It was kind of sad because I liked George Takei too, but I have read two semi-autographical books from Bill and found them humorous and light, with not a bad word for any of his former co-stars. So I can kind of believe when you say he is a nice guy, if you stay away from the rumor mill.
    Sorry, didn't mean to turn your blog into a William Shatner fan-club, besides, I'm sure he has his own blog.:)
    Anyway, congratulations again on the upturn of your life! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete